Though Thanksgiving has recently passed, there's still plenty of opportunity to make a list of the Corvettes you're most thankful for, even if you've never owned one.
Here's the author's list. Feel free to make your list and post it as a response to this blog.
1. 1982 Corvette Collector Edition Hatchback-The first time I saw one was at a Denny's late at night. It was cool then and it's cool now.
2. 1969 L36 big-block convertible. Sure, there's higher-horsepower engines in '69, but the 390hp 427 will do just fine. While I'm at it, it may as well have the Bright Blue interior—my favorite.
3. 2009 Z06—Again, the ZR1 is faster, but I doubt I'll find one late-model at a price many of us can afford. My color choice—Jetstream Blue.
4. 1967 427/435 hardtop. Here's another one you really can't buy just to have fun with—most of them come entombed in plastic bubbles any more. Nonetheless, it is the iconic Corvette and for good reason. Chevrolet should have made 100,000+ of them instead of a mere 3,764. Color—it's a '67 Vette, it doesn't matter what color it is!
5. 2004 Z06. It's a great late-model Corvette with the highly respected LS6 engine. Color choice, I'd rather custom paint it a color from Corvette's history like Cascade Green.